Domain Transfers from another provider
To transfer your domain name to Whois-Register.com you will need to complete the following instructions which are different for UK and non-UK domains.
Before you start you will need to ensure that you have access to the account for the current provider for your domain name.
For UK domains
- Please search for the domain name from the home page to confirm that the domain is available for transfer into Whois-Register.com.
- Click the TRANSFER IN button and proceed to add the transfer to the cart using the ADD TRANSFER
- Proceed to VIEW CART and then CHECKOUT. This is currently a free of charge operation as Whois-Register.com do not charge for incoming transfers of UK domains.
- Once the order has been confirmed, the owner of the domain (also called the Registrant) will be contacted by us by email to confirm that they are happy for the domain to be imported into Whois-Register.com. This is a security step to prevent domain hijacking. They will need to click a link to accept the incoming transfer into your account.
- Please log into the control panel for your current provider and follow instructions to transfer the domain to another provider. This may also be referred to as a tag change by some providers. When prompted you will need to supply the name NETISTRAR as the destination tag to ensure that the domain is correctly transferred to us. If you recall Netistrar is our Domain Name Registrar, and Whois-Register.com is an approved Netistrar Reseller.
- Once steps 4 and 5 have been completed the domain will be activated within your dashboard within an hour or so.
On completion of transfer the domain name will retain it’s current ownership information, Nameservers and expiry date (no extra years will be added following the transfer) As the Nameservers remain unchanged there is no disruption to services e.g. Websites, Email routing for the domain at any point during the transfer.
NB: Incoming Transfers of UK domains into Whois-Register.com are currently not chargeable by us although some providers may charge a small fee for the outbound transfer.
For Non-UK domains
- Please log into the control panel for your current provider and follow instructions to transfer the domain to another provider. You should be given an authorisation code (sometimes called domain password) as part of this process.
Please note: Some providers charge a small fee to provide you with the authorisation code.
- Please search for the domain name to confirm that the domain is available for transfer into Whois-Register.com.
- Click the TRANSFER IN button and enter the authorisation code obtained in 1. where prompted and click CHECK.
- Once confirmed, you will see the associated costs for the transfer operation. Please note: all Non-UK transfers add a year to the expiry date of the domain as part of the transfer so attract a fee usually equivalent to a 1 year registration. If you are happy to proceed, please click the ADD TRANSFER button to add the transfer to the cart.
- Proceed to VIEW CART and then CHECKOUT to make the required payment.
- Once the order has been confirmed we will have started the transfer process into Whois-Register.com. Transfers can take up to 5 days to complete as the outgoing provider is required to check with the owner of the domain (often called the Registrant) to approve the transfer. Provided this approval is given or in the event of no decision within 5 days the transfer will complete automatically and the domain will be activated within your online dashboard and you will be notified via email of completion.